I needed to do the Multiplying Bottles in my Scottish Act. Therefore, the use of Whiskey bottles suggested itself. I got an old, beaten-up bottle set for almost nothing. On redecorating it, I discovered a few things.
First, I cleaned the bottles and removed all the old lacquer and paint. Then I spray painted them with a high gloss car lacquer.
I designed the labels on the computer, diminishing them for the different bottle sizes. The interesting thing is the bottle top. This looks like the bottle is corked, but it is not. I glued a thin slice of cork onto the bottles, which creates the illusion.
The black part is the neck part of a small black balloon. It stretches over the neck easily and can be quickly replaced. It creates a perfect illusion and is one of those small finishing touches that makes for a realistic looking bottle set.