Sometimes, we suffer from being de-motivated, and see no reason to create this or that. This happens to me more often than I want. To escape that bad mental state, and switch immediately into the “creating mode” again, I use a cheat sheet (actually, it is one of my Think! Cards I consult regularly).
I stumbled upon this cheat sheet in Bryn Donovan’s “Master List For Writers”, and it is very effective in motivating you within seconds.
So, whenever you have thoughts like: “Why should I create that routine?” read through these ten reasons why you should:
- Because nobody else can do it but you.
- Because you are not alone.
- Because your life will go by either way.
- Because you are not too young.
- Because you are not too old.
- Because you have the right to do so.
- Because it doesn’t have to be perfect.
- Because you never know how good it can be until you try.
- Because you have the complete control over it.
- Because if you don’t, you might later wish you had.
Give it a try the next time you feel de-motivated or unsure.