The title says it all: it is about YOU, on 365 days, a full year. It is about your progression and life as a magician, and I plan to bring a project into your life that might be interesting, or at least tempting. Because I suffer myself from the information overload, and try to battle it, I know how important it is to have a rough guideline, a vague destination for each and every day.
The idea behind is to give one information a day. This might be an idea, a trick, tip, suggestion, an affirmation, source, hint, or whatever — but all dealing with magic. Something you can easily digest when slurping the morning coffee, or when on the bus. Whenever you have those five minutes of reading time, and a few minutes left for thinking. Almost an agenda for your magic life, with a fresh inspiration for you — every day.
This has been on my mind for the past four years now and is starting to take shape. It took me a long time finishing the technical preparation (I am not a programmer), but now all this is installed, ready for automated delivery on a daily basis. The first attempt is this very blog. In fact, the blog will be the vital online part of the project. But there is more to it. First things first.
I created a sort of manifesto for the project:
- It must be useful and helpful for you.
- It must present orientation in magic.
- It must not be concerned with unnecessary things like politics, buzz, rumours, “exciting news” (nobody needs anyway). We have a lot of forums and magazines for that.
- It must be affordable.
- It must contain one good, positive, and motivating thought each day.
- It must be helpful in clearing up your magical clutter.
- It must be inspiring.
- It must be fun.
- Only hand-selected, creative and original material.
- Only stuff that works in the real world, no pipe-dreams, and no fluff.
- Reviews that tell the truth.
So far, I have prepared around two hundred articles for this project, ready to inject them from now on a daily basis.
But I feel better to have a few more; in fact, I would like to be a year’s content ahead, for my safety-bumper. So it might take a bit more time to pull it off officially.
Be patient and excited, it’s in the pipeline, and I am already well prepared.
P.S.: I am always interested in what you would like to read in a project like this. So, feel free to drop me a line at: office(at)solidmagic.org (or simply use the contact form on this website).